The BD Director will promote, develop and sell biological services and products in Europe and US and identify and develop a new client base in the emerging market of biological products.
The ideal candidate must have an existing Pharmaceutical client relationship portfolio in Biological field (Start ups , middle and big Pharma companies) mainly for plasmids and viral vectors.
He/she will be a liaison between clients, Group Business Management and Operations Teams based in Italy.
- Evaluate and assess contract development and manufacturing opportunities in the market
- Serves as technical and strategic expert in defining cell line production equipment and sizing
- Develop and execute business development strategy to identify and target potential new clients through effective market, revenue, and literature analysis as well as by his/her existing network
- Work collaboratively with Project Directors/Leads from all functional areas
- Engage existing and prospective clients through interactions with a heightened emphasis on new, prospective client engagement
- Participate with Business Development and Technical Teams in the overall process for:
- Proposal generation
- Responding to requests for information (RFI) or proposal (RFP)
- Contract negotiation (MSA)
- Attend and actively participate at industry tradeshows, conferences, networking events, and client on-site and off-site meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific disciplines (Pharmacy, chemistry or Biochemistry preferred).
- 10 years of combined business development/sales and scientific/technical experience in biopharmaceutical CDMO or biotechnology industries
- Previous work experience with gene therapy product development (viral vectors) is preferred
- Experience on process evaluations, market assessment, business model review, forecasting
- Ability to work with an international team
- Capabilities: strategic thinking, project management, negotiation, business sense and analysis