Pharma Point, on behalf of AstraZeneca, is looking for a
Genitourinary-Gastrointestinal (GU-GI) Therapeutic Area Lead
AstraZeneca is committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to patients most in need. With a combination-focused pipeline that exploits the power of four scientific platforms to help address unmet clinical needs in a host of cancers, AstraZeneca is motivated by a dedication to the scientific discovery and collaboration that will one day help eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
As a GU-GI Therapeutic Area Lead, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling AstraZeneca’s scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. You will play a leading role in our Oncology Medical Affairs Dept.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs Oncology, the GU-GI Therapeutic Area Lead ensures that solid scientific medical planning and execution take place and is responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight of MSL team and Medical Advisors team.
The GU-GI Therapeutic Area Lead is involved in local strategic planning and execution of AstraZeneca Oncology medical strategies and provides guidance and oversight for MSL and Medical Advisor engagement with key external experts, health care professionals, and clinical investigators.
The GU-GI Therapeutic Area Lead must not have commercial objectives or measures; however, they may communicate strategic objectives to commercial stakeholders for the purposes of ensuring alignment.
The role broadly includes the following key components:
- Supporting of Clinical Trials
- Executing the Medical Plan
- Team Management
- Supporting Capability Building in Healthcare Ecosystem
- Ensuring Compliance
- Engaging in Scientific Exchange
- Building Capability of Other Internal and External Stakeholders
- Managing all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Degree and PhD in relevant TAs
- Senior Professional with strong track record in pharmaceutical companies with high ethical standards for Medical departments
- Solid Medical Oncology scientific background coupled with a strong commercial orientation and market awareness (access, regulatory and value demonstration).
- Solid experience in the development and execution of clinical studies; late stage clinical development and/or phase IV study experience acceptable; additional experience with non-interventional studies desirable
- Advanced leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in product launch preparation and execution
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including communicating complex technical, scientific, or medical information to broad audience types
- Thorough knowledge of the local regulatory requirements related to medical affairs activities
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Extensive experience in relationship and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to travel (percentage varies with geography)
- Balanced mix between strategy and execution, driven by a past record of customer centered mindset.
- Have a deep understanding of regulations, good clinical practice (GCP), pharmacovigilance
- Be well conversed in the data generation approach of the GMAT and have the ability to ensure that the MSLs have a fluent comprehension of it
- Proficiency in written and spoken Italian and English is mandatory
Skills and Capabilities
- Business Acumen
- Impact and Influence
- People Developmen
- Driving Results
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Self Confidence