|Job Profile Marketing Lead Derma – Almirall Italy
Founded 75 years ago, Almirall is a global, research-focused biopharmaceutical company based in Barcelona, Spain. We have the commitment to bring together our partners and our company's knowledge to provide medical solutions focused not just on fighting against skin health diseases, but on having an impact on patients’ lives both physically and emotionally.
Through pharmaceutical innovation, investment in R&D and a strong commitment to global healthcare partnerships, we are dedicated to providing science, knowledge & solutions to improve patients´ quality of life across the world.
With headquarters in Barcelona, Almirall has 2 R&D centers, 2 chemical plants and 2 pharmaceutical plants. The company is listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange and has joined the IBEX 35 index in 2020. Thanks to our more than 1,700 employees, our products are available in over 70 countries across 5 continents, through our 13 global affiliates and via a strategic partnership network.
For the Italian branch (based in Milan) we are looking for Marketing Lead Derma.
As a key member of the Almirall Italy Business Unit, leading a team of Product Managers and reporting directly to the Business Unit Director, this role has responsibility for the marketing plan definition and implementation for the Medical Dermatology Portfolio, being the core business of Almirall in Italy with an outlook of solid double-digit growth over the next 4 years and ambition of sales turnover beyond 50 M€ by 2025 driven by key assets in psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
- Responsible for current and future key brands positioning and growth by seizing opportunities, mitigating risks and supporting timely decisions that maximize the Almirall Derma equity and business potential in Italy;
- Support the organization on strategic and operational direction of Derma portfolio to ensure customers’ and patients’ value is demonstrated and commercial opportunities maximized;
- Lead the customer prioritization process and cross-functional working with Medical, Sales and Market Access, to ensure an effective and efficient omnichannel customer engagement plan
- Accountable for the development and execution of key brands/portfolio Operational Plan, including the delivery of robust country forecasts based on clearly defined and well informed assumptions;
- Ensure timely update to assumptions/forecasts based on marketplace competitive intelligence;
- Ensure that the marketing team develops and implements best in class customer value propositions that meet business needs in Italy, aligned to Global strategies;
- Develop and execute customer strategy plans aimed to build and reinforce partnership with new and existing stakeholders in Derma Diseases contrast, both in the hospital critical care and primary outpatient setting;
- Represent Almirall Italy at strategic and operational discussions with Global Marketing and any other Brand relevant Global/EU internal stakeholder;
- Support the country team to ensure that Italy needs and insights are shared with Global teams and considered in Global strategy and activities.
- Reallocate resources based on business issues/potential and strategic priorities agreed with the
Business Unit Director and Country Management;
- Role model the company culture and integrity at any level
- Line management for DERMA Product Managers. Provide coaching to support team members in the development of skills and competencies to achieve business objectives and IDPs. Oversee recruitment of new colleagues.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in science, economics or equivalent level; MBA is an added value;
- Broad knowledge and experience of the Italian healthcare and pharmaceutical environment with
particular reference to Hospital Innovative Care;
- Solid experience of both brand and customer marketing in Italy and/or international roles. Extensive experience of commercial management and accountability for revenues;
- Experience of engaging and influencing senior stakeholders;
- Proven experience in preparation and presentation of Operational Plans at country/above country level;
- Strong financial acumen including financial analysis, forecasting, scenario planning, P&L management;
- Proven track record of effectively building and leading high performing x-functional teams;
- Strong interpersonal skills required as well as excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proven success in multi-brand/portfolio revenue and OPEX management including launches;
- Deep knowledge of Medical Dermatology, with particular reference to moderate/severe
psoriasis and atopic dermatitis, in terms of stakeholders, decision making dynamics and competition
- Fluent English (written and spoken).