SOBI is a leading integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing innovative therapies and services to improve the lives of rare disease patients and their families.
Its research and product portfolio are primarily focused on hemophilia, inflammation and genetic and metabolic diseases.
For the Italian affiliate we are looking for a:
Position Title: Medical Liaison Specialty Care
Reports to: Medical Scientific Manager
The MSL will be accountable for the scientific knowledge and background supporting Sobi portfolio (rare diseases).
He/she will actively support the medical strategy and the implementation of all the planned activities for the relevant products. He/she will provide medical support and training to the commercial team, will support medical information request handling, will contribute to KOL management, will contribute to the accomplishment of Pharmacovigilance requirements and provide support to local clinical research programs.
He/she will work in tight collaboration with the MSM, the local commercial team and the HQ medical team
Key Responsibilities/Scope of the Job
Medical Science Liaison Specialty Care - North East Italy
- Medical activities and support to Marketing & Sales
- Contribute to the implementation of the medical plan activities: medical projects (e.g. advisory boards meeting, local publication strategy), training materials implementation, F2F trainings.
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of clinical studies and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV).
- Act as the point of contact with external experts to facilitate investigator initiated study (IIS) ideas and requests for support to the local, regional and global medical teams as appropriate.
- Provide scientifically proven answers to medical enquiries following internal SOPs and local legislation.
- Secure prompt communication of AEs to the Pharmacovigilance department at affiliate and HQ level, offering support to manage any necessary follow up.
- Scientific support to field teams
- Medical education training to the commercial team.
- Contribute with scientific/medical input to the preparation of scientific meetings, symposia and other scientific activities/events related to relevant products (internal/external).
- Support the MSM to validate the promotional messages proposed by Marketing colleagues and to identify the appropriate supportive references.
- Support the commercial team with hospital meetings when required by clinicians
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written communication with fluency in written and spoken English
- Proactive, problem solver and capable of autonomous work organization once the objectives have been assigned
- Computer skills (MS Office programs)
• Accountable and timely in deliveries
• Role model for others in line with SOBIs values
Required: good written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Talented in establishing lasting relationships with different types of stakeholders