Our client is ADVANZ PHARMA, a global pharmaceutical company with the purpose to improve patients’ lives by providing and enhancing the specialty, hospital, and rare disease medicines they depend on.
Its ambition is to be a partner of choice for the commercialization of specialty, hospital, and rare disease medicines in Europe, Canada, and Australia. In line with this ambition, Advanz Pharma is partnering with innovative biopharma and pharmaceutical development companies to bring medicines to patients.
ADVANZ PHARMA’s product portfolio and pipeline comprises innovative medicines, specialty generics & biosimilars, and originator brands. Its products and pipeline cover a broad range of therapeutic areas, including hepatology, gastroenterology, anti-infectives, critical care, endocrinology, CNS, and, more broadly, rare diseases.
For the Italian affiliate, we are looking for a
Regional Access Manager Southern Italy (excluding Sicily)
About the Role
As ADVANZ PHARMA continues to strengthen its position as the partner of choice for specialty, hospital, and rare disease medicines, we have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Access Manager Southern Italy (Excluding Sicily) reporting to Market Access Director, Italy
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain partnerships with Regional Authorities:
- Use value story to build trust and shape a supportive healthcare environment to ensure Advanz Pharma reputation.
- Develop and maintain a deep and up to date understanding of the regional environment, including mapping of SHs and their needs, intelligence and policy monitoring.
- Identify and manage opportunities for partnering with Regional Authorities for local implementation of the Healthcare policies in referring to disease of interest of Advanz Portfolio.
- Ensure that all Market Access activities are implemented at regional and local level in full compliance with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and communicate mutually beneficial value propositions and provide tools that enhance engagement with decision-makers and payers at the regional level.
- Collaborate with Market Access/HEOR office based and Global providing local data to conduct pharmacoeconomic and outcome assessments to be translated into customized communication materials.
- Collaborate across the cross functional team to build tailored solutions:
- Continuously liaise with the Advanz Pharma cross-functional team sharing and collecting region-specific information to maximize opportunities/remove barriers to patient access at regional level.
- Adapt at regional level the value message defined within the national access strategy, in collaboration with the medical team.
- Actively collaborate to Tender process:
- Collection of regional specific information regarding regional tenders liaising with networks members and centralized procurement bodies.
- Promptly address the insights about tendering requisitions to internal relevant functions and ensured Advanz pharma participation legally representing the company within guidelines.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and take accountability for results.
- Embrace challenge and change, applying a growth mindset approach.
- Have a bias for action and fast decision making.
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Entrepreneurship, Speed, and Integrity.
- Drive the spirit of “One Team” by working collaboratively across all business functions with an open, honest, and respectful cooperation.
- Contribute to making ADVANZ PHARMA a desired place to work.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about making a meaningful difference to patients’ lives.
For this role, you will also have the following:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor/Master degree and minimum 10 years’ experience in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical companies with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Regional Market Access role in the main regions of the assigned area.
- Excellent knowledge of the Italian Regional Public Health System for the regions of responsibility.
- HTA knowledge desirable.
- Comfortable in understanding and speaking English.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally proven in previous experiences.
- Ability to detect, develop and communicate a value proposition in alignment with the affiliate’s strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build good working relations and collaboration both internally and externally, acting with a Team Player behaviour.
- High-energy, results-oriented and intrinsically motivated professional who is able to drive an agenda at regional levels at the same time for a growing portfolio of products.
- Attitude for translating strategic goals into day-to-day operational excellence in a manner that catalyses the company and contribute to (re)design business practices to deliver breakthrough results.
- Attitude to prioritize actions and goal, in line with the business expectations, and re plan priorities quickly.
- Successful in a flat, highly entrepreneurial environment characterized by short communication paths and quick decision making. Strategic, structured and pragmatic mindset.
- Significant personal experience in preparation and execution of the negotiation with Regional Italian Authorities within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include overnight trips and occasionally week-end travel.
- A positive and ‘can-do’ approach, biased towards finding solutions and embracing change.
- Inspired by our values of entrepreneurship, speed and integrity.
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’, with a desire to continuously improve and develop as ADVANZ grows.
- Work collaboratively across all business functions with an open, honest, and respectful cooperation
- Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, unique, and inclusive work environment.