STRATEGIC API SOURCING DIRECTOR
Recipharm offers its expertise and facilities in the development, production and supply of pharmaceuticals to demanding customers for global use. Our mission is to be acknowledged as the best provider of contract development and manufacturing solutions to the pharmaceutical industry by our customers, employees and other stakeholders.
RPH Pharmaceuticals AB (RPP) is an operating company within Recipharm with offices in Sweden, UK, Italy and India. RPP are creating market access opportunities for our customers via our growing pipeline of differentiated generic products.
The Director, Strategic API Sourcing is responsible for sourcing and securing the API for all our development projects.
- Identify and build a network of API manufacturers that will be become integral to new product developments. The network should include traditional suppliers, CMO’s and risk sharing partners.
- Actively participate in the new product development process, influencing and making sourcing decisions and purchasing materials as needed to meet project timelines.
- Draft RFIs/RFPs, conduct supplier evaluations, and drive the sourcing/contracting process. This includes on-going maintenance of the contracts (i.e. MSAs, change orders).
- Assess and understand the API development and manufacturing process and ensure alignment with the finished product development process and the regulatory and IP strategies
- Contribute to the patent landscape assessment for an API and propose appropriate development strategies
- Assess Regulatory documentation (i.e. DMFs) and liaise with Regulatory functions inhouse and with external API CMO
- Support the R&D team and act as lead in key vendor engagements.
- A Master’s Degree in chemistry, pharmaceuticals or engineering (logistics)
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical development, both Drug Product and Drug Substance, is essential
- A proven knowledge of several allied fields, such as legal, procurement, and manufacturing
- Ability to build deep and lasting relationships across global cultures
- Ability to identify risks to multiple ongoing activities and propose appropriate risk response strategies
- Knowledge of the patent environment and experience in building IP development strategies
- Minimum of 7 years of purchasing experience, global operations with strong background in Generics API sourcing/contracting, GMP and Quality understanding.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiation and contracting skill